Loading
Acar, The Museum Ship

TCG ACAR, with a weight of 65 tons, a width of 5 m, a speed of 15 kts and a draft of 1.7 m, was built in Germany in 1936-1937. She was brought in front of Istanbul, Dolmabahçe Palace within three days by passing through the Kiel Canal closed to sea traffic.

After being taken into the Turkish Naval Forces inventory, she was used by the Great Leader Mustafa Kemal ATATÜRK in Bosphorus for diplomatic services and to go to Savarona Yacht. Subsequent to the passing away of the Great Leader Mustafa Kemal ATATÜRK, the ship carried out her duty as Acar Staff Boat (marine vessel carrying high rank officers) and following her decommissioning, was subordinated to Naval Academy.

In 2000 she went under repairment and restoration and on July 25, 2001, she was launched. From 2001 to 2015, the ship carried out her duty as a staff boat subordinated to the North Sea Area Command. She was decommissioned by the Turkish Naval Forces Command on September 25, 2015.

The Museum Ship Acar was brought from İstanbul to Çanakkale on June 15, 2017 and was placed into her present location on July 3, 2017 to be exhibited as a museum ship in Çanakkale Naval Museum Command.